Sunday, January 8, 2012

Breakfast Thanks to Food Network

Last weekend, while watching Food Network, I found several recipes that I wanted to try. Well, since I had to work yesterday, today was the day to try those.
Everything was a huge hit with my ever hungry teenagers and husband.
To begin, I made the Dutch Baby, from Ten Dollar Dinners with Melissa D'Arabian that prompted several cannibal jokes, then the Homemade Sausage  Patties. To finish the plate off, I made a egg and cheese omelet with the directions from the Omelette for a Crowd by none other than the Lady herself, Ms. Paula Deen.
The Dutch Baby was really good as it was and was better with some maple syrup. The sausage was "peculiar tasting" as described by Joey, but that was only because we are use to sage instead of thyme in our sausage, but will be made again plus this has given me incentive to make more types of homemade sausage patties for our breakfast.  The omelet was enjoyed greatly and makes it quick when I need to make several different types of omelets and I don't have to dirty up a lot of dishes.
So, thanks again Food Network for being there helping us try something new to keep our adventures continuing!

No comments:

Post a Comment