Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Year Dinner Traditions

On January 1st, I cooked a simple dinner that is steeped in New Years tradition.  After some research, the menu was Stuffed Pork Chops, Black-Eyed Peas, Greens (Mustard & Spinach), and corn bread.  The dessert was not so traditional, but was ever so good: Oreo Balls. 
The Stuffed Pork Chops were based off of this recipe from Guy Fieri, which I am little by little turning it from the way he wrote it into my own.
The Black-Eyed Peas, were your basic dried bean that I made per package directions.  As for the Greens, my family KNOWS how much I do not care for Mustard or Collage or Turnip Greens, so I made Garlicky Spinach which is fabulous on the sandwich it goes on but is really good by itself.  But we for Jamey and his mom, I did have some mustard greens ready for them.
The Oreo Balls or Truffles (depending on what word you choose to Google with, were easy and delicious and extremely addictive.  I would like to thank Nikki for telling that she and her bestie Jen made these which made me go buy the ingredients.  I used Almond Bark instead of the semi-sweet chocolate the recipe in the link shows.  I basically chose this link for the recipe only because the picture has a blue handled bowl in it like mine that I have had for 17 years that I love.  My finished product may not be picture worthy like the others all over the internet, but by golly, they tasted fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment