Sunday, July 3, 2011

Creativity is the Fun Part of the Adventure

I was feeling the creativity bug in the kitchen today but couldn't find the inspiration I need in my kitchen. Michael and I headed to Whole Foods Market in Winston-Salem to get my usual supply of sunflower seeds and I figured I could find my answer for creativity there. When that shopping trip failed only in the department of figuring out what I wanted to do, I drove the couple blocks over to Edward McKay's Used Books.
After looking through my routine searches of fiction books I strolled over to the cookbook section. After a long search of picking up and putting down and page flipping, I found my inspiration I was longing for The Complete Idiot's Guide to Fondues & Hot Dips!!!
Yep, you read it right, fondue! I have a fondue set that I haven't touched in probably 8-9 years, so it just left me as having to pick out a recipe and head to a grocery store on the way home.
I stopped at Lowe's Foods and picked up everything plus some that I needed to make the Smoked Cheddar,
Tomato and Bacon Fondue on page 49. I couldn't find any Smoked Cheddar so, I just used the regular Kraft Sharp Cheddar and it worked out quite well. I just toasted up some sub rolls to dip into the fondue. Next time, I see some veggies happening. The
taste testers for this culinary tasting trip was Jamey, Joey, Michael & Jonathan. There were NO complaints!
The fondue served as a great appetizer for the main course tonight of Beef/Chicken Kabobs and Joey's Bacon Potatoes.
As for my next fondue trip, I see a dessert fondue happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment