Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Check Out My Buns! Hot? Aren't they! ;)

So, after just random searching on the Internet I came across a modified recipe for Homemade Hamburger Buns. Intrigued by the reviews, I did some research before making them myself. I found a link to the original recipe site and WHAM! I found something to stick on my Birthday/Christmas Wishlist. Behold! The King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion: The All-Purpose Baking Cookbook. Let me say that if these hamburger buns are in the cookbook and it's definitely worth $29.99 on their website. Hail to King Arthur Flour and their amazing buns. They were really good. They taste like deli style buns. Slightly sweeter and a bit yeasty, but over all good in taste. If I hadn't overcooked my burger, it would have been an awesome lunch. The buns don't taste like commercially prepared ones, i.e.: WhiteWheat, etc. The recipe makes 8 buns and takes about 2 1/2 hrs to make including rising time. Super easy directions. Here's the link to King Arthur's Buns!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the buns - and I hope someone takes note of the cookbook on your wishlist! It's a great all-purpose baking recipe/reference book to have on the shelf. Happy baking!

    ReplyDelete