Sunday, June 19, 2011

Lasagna


So last week sometime I was watching Food Network. Surprised aren't you???? Anyways,Secrets of a Restaurant Chef with Anne Burrell with the episode of The Secret to Lasagna. I was really interested in watching it because when I make my lasagna, even though it is really good, when you scoop it out of the pan it does the landslide thing and you know when you get lasagna in a restaurant it's nice & stacked up all pretty & such. Julie, Jonathan & Gracie joined us for dinner last night for my attempt on Anne's Lasagna, which I just use it for technique. Mine was Veggie Lasagna, with Ricotta, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
The reviews/suggestions were:
Michael "It wasn't as good as regular because all the vegetables, it needed more meat."
Emma "It was awesome."
Gracie "It was good."
Jonathan "It needed more green peppers."
Joey "It was good.."
Which is really funny because there was none left when Julie, Emma, Gracie & I came back in from our trip to town.
Next time - and there will be a next time! I will
add Italian sausage and maybe some pepperoni's. But as for the technique in shocking the noodles, layering the lasagna as she suggested and letting it cool some before serving it worked really well!

No comments:

Post a Comment