Sunday, July 7, 2013

Hot Ham & Cheese

For dinner tonight I chose to make Hot Ham & Cheese Sandwiches.  These sandwiches are always good but vary on the bread I purchase -sourdough to ciabatta (the ciabatta being my fave) as well as the mustard we put on them.   

If all my money lines up as well as a trip to Trader Joe's, the sandwich is made from Ciabatta, Gruyere and Black Forest Ham. (shown on the right) Today, I never made it to TJ's, so we had Sourdough, Swiss and Black Forest Ham.

My Mom asked me what else I put on them, and I told her we have experimented with different types and flavors of mustard but I was plan on using Dijon.  She asked if I had ever used the sauce that is used on one of our large family's favorites - Ham Delights.  I said no, so we gave it a shot.  We gave it a shot. Let me tell you...I may not make my Hot Ham & Cheese Sandwiches any other way again!!!

To accompany the sandwich, I made beer battered onion rings. I have used other beers in the past but this time, I chose Papst Blue Ribbon.  The onion rings above were made using Coors Banquet.  I do think that using different beers gives the onion rings different flavors. All goods but different flavor.
All in all our dinner was very filling but labor intensive.


No comments:

Post a Comment