Monday, February 7, 2011

Our Super Bowl Food

Jamey and the kids picked the foods we had to eat during the SuperBowl. Since I was the one cooking it, I invited JC & PD to the party. Well, their recipes anyways! Here's what we had: Starting at the bottom left: Turtle Cake from The Lady & Sons, Just Desserts (page 54), Bacon Swiss Bread - top center, Quiche Aux Oignon (Onion Quiche) center, Ham Delights - bottom center, Rotel & Velveeta Dip - top right & lastly TGFI Buffalo Wings -bottom right.
The cake has a super gooey center and taste oh, so very good. I have been making the Bacon Swiss Bread for close to 10 years. The original recipe is from a Taste of Home magazine.
The Onion Quiche was really good hot okay warm and edible cold. I will take mine hot from now on. I can't wait to make more of the quiches in Vol. 1! I do admit that the crust was frozen as I am not quite ready to try making one of JC's patries yet.
Yes, I know I cheated on the wings, but since I don't eat them, Jamey had a choice to make them from scratch or buy the frozen ones. :-)
But you know what??? It's all butter baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment