Sunday, March 4, 2018

Life Happens and You Fix Cereal For Dinner

   It feels like the month of February went quickly, but I believe it lasted what it was suppose to, it was just that I was busy with projects - both old and new.  It can even be seen in my February Monthly Menu.  See the FFYS aka Hunger Games, the take out and leftovers? What makes it better, is that you can't see the March entries.  We had Taco Bell one night and cereal another night. All because I had full days where either I lost my energy required to prepare supper - or because I was too caught up in a project to want to spend the needed time away from it to prepare a meal for the household.
  That's something I don't really see on other food/cooking blogs a lot; the nights where you just don't feel like cooking, the nights you are so tired from the day's activities or the nights where life happens. 
That is something that everyone needs to remember.  Life happens.  You aren't going to create outstanding meals after outstanding meals every day. (Minus if you are a chef and that is your job.- I'm talking people who don't do that for a living.)

   One of the best things I have found for using the monthly layout in my Erin Condren Life Planner is that I can go back and see what I served with what and it usually reminds me of the flavors of the meal to which I can then think about other dishes that could be prepared with it the next time.  Plus, I like to try not to repeat meals within the same month.  This and last month were not good examples basically because we were trying to eat all the pork we had stored from a previous slaughter and needed the room for fresh meat.  It will be awhile before I make several meals.
   Just remember that sometimes it is perfectly okay to decided a bowl of Capn' Crunch or Raisin Bran is dinner. You have no reason you must defend it to anyone at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment