Sunday, September 25, 2011

I finally made it for them...

Dinner tonight was a good enough reason not to ever go to a steakhouse again for dinner.  We had steaks, twice baked potatoes, salads, roasted broccoli, Yorkshire pudding and for dessert: No Crust Egg Custard Pie!
(Well, the only reason we really go to a steakhouse or out to eat now, is that there is NO CLEAN UP required on our part.  We learned a long time ago, that we can cook better than what we can go purchase and for much cheaper. But all that is beside the point.)
Tonight was the first time I have ever made the No Crust Egg Custard Pie for my family.  No clue to why I never have, but I didn't.  I use to make it a lot when I was growing up.  
I did run into a problem, as that the recipe which came from my Mom, is that I really wanted to make this but was out of vanilla extract.  I took a chance and used almond extract in its place.  It worked out great!  
The custard has a creamy texture that is just dreamy.



Yesterday, I made an Onion Quiche with a side salad for dinner.  Just thinking about this makes me want more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment