Sunday, October 2, 2011

Recipe Failed

I am an addict of pinterest.com. I'll admit it.  I have no shame. Anywho, one of the recipes that I pinned to my board was Blooming Cheesy Onion Bread. The only thing I changed was the cheese and I used Colby Jack that I got from Whole Foods yesterday.  I lucked up on the bread and found it this morning marked down to $2.70 at Wally World when I picked up stuff to make spaghetti for Em's volleyball team later this week.  It turned out ok but it wasn't a knock out of the park. It lacked layers of flavor.  You would get a little of the onion, cheese and bread in one bite then the next wasn't as good as the first. Even the kids were like "Eh, I'll eat it but it would be better with meat." I agreed thinking I would have rather spent the money to make Bacon Swiss Bread.

I did make some potato cakes made from the leftover mashed potatoes from lunch today, and those turned out awesome. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment