Tuesday, December 6, 2011

An Idea is born tonight...

     So, I as I get prepared to prepare dinner, Michael says he wants to help make the  Country Style Steak, Rice and Gravy.  I know the help would be short-lived as my 13 yr old has an EXTREMELY short attention span, so I took it.  He also said since it was his number 2 favorite dinner,(#1 being hot dogs and mac n' cheese) he would like to help.  While he was scrambling the eggs and making the flour dredge we were talking about the idea that we have been throwing around for probably close to a year - doing a 7 Course Meal. I know, some idea, right?
     Well, while he was working, I decided that Google would provide the answer I was asking myself :What in the world consist of a 7 Course Meal?"  I found Food University which gave me what I needed to know.  While I was reading what it said to him, he tells me that he wants to do Fondue again. So, I batted back to him a Picnic with a blanket and all (since we don't normally do the blanket thing). He came back with a Vegetarian Night. We went back and forth - with the aid of several of my cookbooks and made a list.  We decided to name our list: "Fun with Food". It might not be the greatest or most creative title in the world, but the name is not what matters.  What matters is the list as well as the family time that will incur while completing the list.
     I plan to take the list and make it all neat and hang in our kitchen. Once I get it prettied up for you, I will post it.
Here is our list (so far):

  • 7 Course Meal
  • Fondue Night
  • Picnic
  • Tasting Menu
  • Formal Dinner
  • Tea Service
  • Brunch
  • Vegetarian Night 
  • Cocktail-Mocktails & Apps
  • All from same publication (this one requires all items to be made from the same issue/copy of magazine or other cookbook (i.e.Taste of Home Magazine or Southern Living Annual Recipes)

I am sure this list will grow and I am sure we will not like all of the new recipes and I am sure it will lead us to our next great family adventure.  Why, because my friends, it's all butter - and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment