Saturday, December 24, 2011

Leftover Ingredients Make an Awesome Breakfast

     When trying what to figure out what to make for breakfast this morning, I remember that I had some ham and Swiss leftover from the Pinwheels I made last night.  Then I began trying to figure out what else I had to make something with.  (The inside of my fridge is pretty sad looking once you get past the Grandma's Chocolate Cake.) I then remembered that when I was watching 10 Dollar Dinners with Melissa D'Arabian last week she made this sandwich thingy with ham and Swiss.
      I couldn't remember the name of the dish, but I do know she made it with tomato soup. So, I sat down at my computer and began to search on Food Network.com.  I found the episode: Soup and Sandwich Savings which she made kale chips, tomato soup and the sandwich I was looking for: Quick Croque Madames.
     After looking at the ingredient list, the only one to give me worry was the sour cream.  I pulled 2 sour cream containers from the depths of the fridge which gave me the 1/4 cup it calls for-well, eyeballing the amount anyways.  My Swiss was sliced so I poured a little white wine in a dish and took my 4 slices and kinda flipped them around and then let them hang out while I was doing the rest.  I cut 4 slices of Italian bread I picked up yesterday for the Loaded Breakfast Casserole I will be preparing tonight for our breakfast on Christmas Morning. I  measured the mustard and garlic by eye.
     After following the directions and calling Joey to the table this is what I presented to him:
 
     This was his plate after several bites!:
     I am surprised he let me take a picture as he said it was too good for words.  Michael said it would be better as a top so he could eat it as a normal sandwich. Jamey even said it was pretty good.
      I might have to consult J.C. to see if she has a traditional Croque Madame Recipe. Yay!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment