Sunday, February 18, 2018

Imperfect Humans Consumed with Perfection

Sometimes, even the best planned out plans, fail.  Why? Cause we are human. Humans are perfectly imperfect. Today, my imperfections are shining true. This morning, I made out a plan of this coming meals we'd like to have and a shopping list to match that list.  Just a quick little trip to the store for the things that I needed to complete said menu for the week. See, I have proof!?!?!

I did get all those things on the list even though I never marked off the Velveeta (which I spell wrong pretty much every time I write it), which is normally once a year cause that stuff is expensive. I'm also working on my lettering so ignore the top as it is not very neat or pretty. 
So, if I made a menu and a shopping list, how did this happen??? Yeah, $152.94 (after my MVP discount took $7.93 off wooo...) I think my plan began to fall apart at the "salad crunchies" because I did get croutons, crispy wontons, McCormick Salad Toppings, and McCormick Bacon Bits. Normally, "salad crunchies" refer to the Salad Toppings only, but today the trip included my youngest son and he helped by adding things. So, maybe I shouldn't take all the blame for the extra purchases, that I am happy to report didn't contain cookies, ice cream, chips, soda, cereal, candy, or other sweets. However, he is the one that grabbed the hot sauce and bacon bits.
I am very far from perfect and can only hope I hold in my restrain when at the grocery store, since grocery shopping is one of my most favorite things to do. Hopefully, my next trip to the store will be next weekend to only pick up produce to finish out that week of planned meals.  We'll see, as I am only human.
Then I got sesame oil, corn tortillas, flour tortillas from the international section, pastrami, roast beef, salami, and sandwich pepperoni from the deli then I grabbed bouillon cubes.  I also got several marked down packs of beef brisket and rump roast.  Needless to say, when I make food, we will have decent amount of leftovers for lunches the next day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment