Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Crepes

Crepes…so after reading a post on Our Best Bites, I decided to hunt down a JC Crepe recipe. In her book, Julia’s Kitchen Wisdom there is a recipe for her Master Crepe Batter. This can be used for savory or sweet creeps. In Vol. 1 & 2 she has a crepe recipe as well, but since I do not have those, I had to search the internet where someone had re-typed it.

I macerated some frozen strawberries in plain white sugar while I looked for the recipe and then I began. I can definitely understand where they say the practice comes in with making these.

The first ones that we tried were with just the strawberries. They were good but we decided they needed chocolate and whip cream. Emma then wanted one with Swiss cheese, which she said was really yummy. So, then I made me one with Cheddar. It was pretty good. It would have been AWESOME with ham and pineapple. Emma then asked for another one, so I suggested Swiss & Leeks. This is it below. She said it was awesome. I lost count on how many crepes Emma ate. Joey had 2 with some Italian blend shredded cheese and then one huge one with powdered sugar and syrup. He liked the last one best.

Will I make these again????? I really don’t know. Maybe if I had some ham & pineapple or chocolate & whip cream but I don’t really plan on going out & getting the stuff to make them on purpose like that unless requested by one of the kids.

On a side note, Emma is going to be our family’s food photographer for my post. The one of the Swiss & Leeks Crepe is her first. Thanks for your job well done, Em!

No comments:

Post a Comment