Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hello?????? Whew, thought you left me!!!!


I know you think I dropped off the face of the Earth since I haven’t posted in a very long time. I promise I am still here, just busier than what our past has ever been. My  family has become extremely busy with our 3 teens playing 3 different sports, so we may or may not have dinner at the same time. 
We did a Super Bowl party.  I didn't remember to take any pictures once we were done, but I did get one of Emma and Gracie finishing up the Ham Delights.  Jules made some pork and chicken Lumpias.  They were awesome.


Sometime in the past weeks, I made my Mom's Russian Beef.  This is really good on a cooler day.  We had it with some Italian Bread and a small salad. The bread was used to sop up the gravy the stew makes.


On March 4th, I made Steak Sammies and Fingerling Salt and Vinegar Potatoes.  The Steak Sammies began their creation after I watched an episode of Semi Homemade with Sandra Lee.  I took the idea and ran with it and created my own version September 4, 2005 and we have been loving them sense. To build the Steak Sammie, I pan fry up a minute steak or other thin type of steak that I sprinkle with some McCormick’s Montreal Seasoning. I place the cooked meat on either a potato roll or sliced Italian bread and top it with some caramelized onions and mushrooms and a smear of my Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing.
I am not sure who gave me the  Fingerling Salt and Vinegar Potatoes that was in my “To Try” recipe book but we gave it a shot.  They were okay, not something that I would make again. My family loves salt and vinegar potato chips, so that is why I wanted to try the recipe. The vinegar hits you in the back of the throat and is really overpowering.  I did use a 2lb bag of white, red and purple potatoes (shown in pic) only because I thought they were cool when I found them in the store.  I kinda hated that because we didn’t eat all of them and they were wasted.  Next time I will make something similar to them the next time I make Steak Sammies.



Yesterday morning I was asked to make sausage biscuits (again).  Back in January I found a recipe for making homemade sausage because all of the nitrates and other things found in commercially prepared sausage.  I have tweeted the recipe and came up with one that I use for sausage biscuits and my awesome sausage bread.  So, here is my recipe for Homemade Breakfast Sausage.

Last night, I made Onion Lovers Grilled Steak Kabobs with Crumbled Blue Cheese and Golden Butter-Crisped Spuds.  There is nothing that I will change to the kabobs. They were AWESOME!!!!  The potatoes matched well with the flavor from the meat, however, the next time we make them, we will cut the potatoes thinner.  This is because the ones that were thinner had a better butter crust than the thicker ones. Other than that, this meal will be done many more times.  (Sorry, no pic on this one b/c we were hungry and I forgot to grab my camera.)

No comments:

Post a Comment