Sunday, March 25, 2012

When isn't a Picture Worth A Thousand Words?

When you have all TEN THOUSAND of your taste buds telling you that you must make what your eyes see!


I had this very thing happen to me the other night when I was reviewing my daily recipe emails.  The recipe popped up on one of them (I think it was Recipe.com)  and I after I saw the pic, I KNEW I had to make it.  The recipe and ingredients were pretty simple to find and execute.  (The lemon curd should be found with the jams & jellies at your local grocery store. I was at Whole Foods last night, so I picked mine up there.)


The recipe comes from the blog From Cupboard to Cupboard. I haven't had time to sit down and look through her other post and such, but it is on my to do list. The recipe is here for the Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes.  My recipe made 36 cupcakes.  I forgot to check my supply of powdered sugar before I began (yeah, I know...) so I only had 1.5lbs of the white stuff instead of the 2 it called for. But hey - it worked for a first try.  


The Taste Testers came to the kitchen to give their opinions.  Emma and Michael I knew would love them, but Joey was the one that I knew would give me his honest opinion.  Only because he does not like strawberries.   He called them "yodol-li-he-whooo good".  I informed him that they had strawberries in it and he told me they did not. So, I guess, I'll let him be in denial for a while longer.



No comments:

Post a Comment