Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Backup Plans

  Several weeks ago, one of my co-workers were selling the Little Caesars Fundraising Pizza Kits to support her son's preschool.  As it had been years since I had purchased a Pizza Kit, I gladly did so when the form landed on my desk. I purchased this for the sole purpose as a back up plan for dinner.
  It's always good to have a backup plan for dinner.  I had to use mine tonight.  Emma soccer game got rained out and all the normal food stuff was frozen or I didn't have 1 or 2 ingredients to make something else. So, to the BACKUP PLAN!
  The Pepperoni Pizza Kit made a wonderful meal tonight and tasted terrific! (Yes, we are having Cheerwine with the pizza for dinner!)
  Of the 3 pizzas in the kit, I made one just cheese, one double pepperoni and the third a supreme.  The supreme consisted of pepperoni, ham, red, green, yellow and orange bell peppers, red onion, extra cheese and sauteed onions.  The sauteed onions were an addition because I opened the container they were in when searching through the freezer and when I applied pressure to the lid to seal it, the lid cracked. So, I defrosted them and applied them to the pizza.
  I am saddened by this picture...only because the pizza tasted awesome and there is no more!  
  Oh, well time to make a new BACK UP PLAN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment