Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Confessions of a Cookbook Addict?

I think I have a problem.

 I picked up three more cookbooks in the past couple of weeks. I the first one, I made a post on April 15 about my Awesome Flea Market Find post.  These next two I grabbed while at one of my favorite hometown stores: Consignments Plus.   Miriam is an awesome lady and runs a great small business.  No, I am not saying that because our son's play high school soccer together or I am trying to get free stuff, but because she is! When I was out of work several years back, she would let me hang out during the day looking through everything she had to offer plus I organized what I was looking through! If you ever pass by our small town, stop and take a look at what she has, you might find that dish you need to complete your set or something extremely unusual. As for right now, she is one of my enablers as she encourages me when purchasing from her store!  Now, I just need to get a new bookcase. :)




  Now, for my spoils. I paid $2 for Our Fair Ladies Recipes; University of Florida Medical Guild, Gainesville, Florida.  From my research online it is from 1985.  The page with a date is missing but by the description on Old Growth Books, 1985 is correct.  There are many seafood recipes included from Oysters Rockefeller to 'My Father's Bouillabaisse' but then again, Gainesville is between the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean.  I haven't decided which recipe to make first, but with my weekends beginning to become free from soccer shortly, I think either Rachel's Fudge Cake or the Risotto alla Milanese will be made first, but then again, I just might go to Grandmother's Jam Cake and skip over the others!




I paid $1.99 for The Modern Family Cookbook by Meta Given.It is copyright 1953 and is in superb condition. I haven't had time to sit down and make a list of "To Try" yet, but I believe that the Potted Meat recipe on page 492 would interest my Dad since he likes that nasty stuff from the can. Joey I am sure of would enjoy the Bacon Muffins on page 97.  I do believe that this cookbook will make the rest of us happy when I take the time to sift through what it has to offer.


Time to dive in and find a dessert for tonight supper!



I am a cookbook addict and/or hoarder.
I will admit it. And honestly, I seriously
doubt I will ever stop because I do not see 
a reason I should. 






No comments:

Post a Comment