Sunday, April 29, 2012

Picnic in the Park

  My day didn't begin as planned as my youngest woke me up around 5:30a.m. telling me he was sick. "i'm really sick, Momma."  Indeed he is really sick, poor baby.  So that nixed him from playing in his soccer games today to finish out the Galaxy Shootout in Hickory, NC.  I was sick 2 weekends ago, and by gosh, I thought that nasty bug has finished in my house, but I guess not!  
  I gave some thoughts to the day and thought a picnic would be nice since the weather would cooperate quite nicely with us. However, the hubby & I couldn't leave a sick child at home. So, I called Jules and asked her if she and Grace would like to go on a picnic with Emma and I.  Since it only took her a breath to say yes, we began our preparations.  Jamey had picked up some ham, cheese, Ritz crackers and grapes to take with us for the breaks between Michael's games, so I swiped that from the fridge to take for our lunch and headed over to pick the other girls up.
We decided to head to Dan Nicholas Park in Rowan County.  We have been going to the park since we were young and have seen it change over the years, but find that it is just as good as it has always been.  We walked around awhile visiting the animals, let Em & Gracie ride the train and Haden's Carousel.  The smells of grills made us wish we had the hot dogs and hamburgers for our lunch instead of what we brought but then we remembered the work involved in creating such yummies at the park.  But the smell was so good, licking the air could have brought the taste onto your tongue. 
 We settled in a shaded area beside the lake for our lunch. 
It was filling and quite satisfying as we people watched - as the front their paddle boats dipped precariously close to taking on water with the unbalanced weight.  We laughed at the boaters and then came up for reasons that the tree above us would randomly drop water. The most creative reason was there was a body in the tree above us and their thermos was leaking and at anytime the water would turn to blood and then the body would fall and Booth and Bones would have to come check it out because the body would that of a federal agent  Then we began playing with the Talking Tom 2 app on Jules' iPad making it say things it shouldn't which made us cackle that I am sure people on the other side of the water could hear us.  We had an extremely fun time and I wouldn't trade it for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment