Saturday, August 13, 2011

Fabulous Friday ~ Mande's Top 5

So, my little sister threw down the gauntlets for doing at Top Friday 5. I wasn’t able to do a post last night because I volunteered to work the concession stand at West Davidson for the NewBridge Bank High School Football Jamboree. But I can do it now! Here we go!

#5– Ketchup

I know you are like why plain ol’ ketchup. Simple. It is awesome. My kids go through about a bottle a week.

#4 – Lipton Recipe Secrets Savory Garlic & Herb

I have been using this since Jamey and I got married17 years ago for potatoes until the stores stopped stocking it. So, I just did without. Nikki moves to Kansas and finds it there then the store here start carrying it about 2 month after she leaves. She was kind enough to supply me with a stash.

#3 – Kraft Pineapple Spread


Can’t find this stuff NOWHERE, but they have it in Kansas. Go figure. This is awesome on an original Triscuits and even better on a spoon.

#2- Joy of Cooking Cookbook

This is one of the classics that I think everyone should have a copy of. I would even go as far as saying to have an older one as well as a newer one – just for the changes and new additions. I have made several things out of here and is my first go-to cookbook when I know what I want to try but don’t have the recipe.

#1 – Marie’s Blue Cheese Dressing

I have loved this stuff since I was young. My kids love it now. It has found other places to be used besides a salad, like eating it with fries, on a baked potato and dipping your steak/pork/chicken in it. I am proud to say that my kids got that from me. It’s also a special item in our home because of the cost, so the kids know to “cherish” it when is purchased.

No comments:

Post a Comment