Friday, August 5, 2011

Fabulous Friday ~ Nikki's Top Five

Okay, so I know it's been awhile since I've done a post! *eek!* But, we've been busy. We've had family from out of town and I've been dealing with a nasty infection in my leg from a wolf spider bite. I'll spare you with the details, but it wasn't pretty. I'm going to attempt to start a list of our top five of fabulous things (kitchen or food related) every Friday and let my wonderful co-blogging family have a turn too!
Okay, so on to my Fabulous Friday ~Top Five!

#5 - Knorr Salad Dressing
This is a wonderful, light salad dressing my German neighbor introduced to me. I can even read in German now - mix 3 tablespoons oil and 3 tablespoons of water to the seasoning packet to make a fast and refreshing dressing.

# 4- Jäger-Sahne Schnitzel by Maggi

This is another wonderful German product that I found in the Commissary (okay, my neighbor told me about it). Add cream and sliced mushrooms to this seasoning packet along with some pork cutlets and you've got a tasty meal. Germans typically eat this over a plate of French fries, but we serve up this dish with roasted baby red potatoes and Brussels Sprouts. Mmm...delicious!

#3- Millstone Breakfast Blend Coffee and International Delight Almond Joy Creamer

We've been hooked on some Dunkin' Doughnut coffee for well over a couple years, until now. The price of coffee (even at the Commissary) is a bit high. I was looking for a *cough* cheaper brand to switch to, but came home with a $7.30 bag of this splendid treasure after trying a small $1.00 sample of it. Add some International Delight Almond Joy Creamer and you've got the best cup of coffee you've ever dreamed of!

#2- Small Santoku Knife Colori by Kuhn Rikon

This by far is the most awesome knife I have ever used. I got the blue one at Dillard's for less than $11.00 back in January. It slices, it dices, it chops, it does everything that a knife is supposed to do. As if that wasn't enough, it come with a plastic cover for the blade to use during storage, which means no more cut fingers while digging through your knife drawer!

#1- Narumi Phoebe China made in Japan


Okay, this is the most beautiful China I have ever seen! On weekends as a getaway from the kids and my husband and for sanity reasons, I go thrifting or visit local antique shops. I found this china pattern with a 16 piece plate setting complete with serving platter and two serving bowls for $40.00. I haven't bought it yet, but it retails online for $17.95 per dinner plate. So, I'm saying this is a steal! Hopefully, I'll get this for mine and Clay's 9th wedding anniversary in October. *hint hint*

No comments:

Post a Comment