Saturday, August 6, 2011

My New Favorite Cake!

Last night I made a new cake recipe in preparation for a neighbor's birthday later this month. My neighbor said she liked carrot cake and I had found a recipe in the mini magazine I get at the commissary on post. So I decided to make it so Clay could test it out. It's actually a "healthy" recipe, only 342 calories per serving, which isn't too bad. I also made the cream cheese icing in the recipe, which very well could be the world's best cream cheese icing. After I pulled the cake layers from the oven, they smelt so good and I couldn't wait for the layers to cool before I put the cream cheese icing on it. So it got a little "melty" before it set up in the fridge, but by far one of the best cakes I've ever had.
This is after Clay has taken his slice. *joking* Click here for the recipe. I hope you all enjoy this cake as much as I did. I can't wait to make it again for my neighbor's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment