Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pork Chop kind of day.

Due to my super hectic schedule, I haven’t been cooking much at all much less being able to blog.Last Saturday was a Pork Chop kind of day. They were the thin boneless, but they packed a punch.I brought the pork chops up to room temp, drizzled them with some EVOO and then sprinkled on a packet of Lipton Recipe Secrets – Savory Garlic & Herb. I rubbed the seasoning packet in with the oil and then let them marinate while I began the prep and cooking of other dishes. When it was time to grill them, Michael our newest Grill Master, took them out to the grill.

During one of my searches on the Weights Watchers website, I found a recipe for potatoes that had OVER 5,000, yes FIVE THOUSAND positive reviews! I decided that I would give them a try. The recipe is for Dijon Roasted Potatoes. Potatoes are cut and cubed then dressed with Dijon mustard and several other spices before being baked in the oven. I can’t share it here unfortunately since it is a registered WW Recipe. These potatoes went from an unknown new dish to a place in our reoccurring recipes.

The other side dishes weren’t anything new just tried and true favorites: Broccoli with Cheese Sauce, Roasted Broccoli, Roasted Asparagus and Mice. Michael doesn’t eat Broccoli with Cheese Sauce but likes Roasted Broccoli so that is why we had two broccoli dishes at the table that night. The Roasted Asparagus is made just like the Roasted Broccoli, but just changing the veggie involved. The Mice are one of an acquired taste, but Emma and myself love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment