Thursday, September 27, 2012

Baked Sketty

This afternoon I attempted to make Baked Spaghetti.  I figured "How hard is it to do what I normally do to make spaghetti but then put it in a dish and cover it in cheese and then bake it?" 
Well, it wasn't that hard.  I am thinking it would make it easier for my kids when they make Spaghetti Sandwiches. Wondering what those are?  That is when my kids take the garlic bread I normally serve with spaghetti and mound the noodles and sauce on a slice then top it with another slice. It makes them happy, why would I complain. Spaghetti sauce is so very easy to hide veggies in. My kids like most veggies, but it's still fun to serve them extra ones when they aren't looking.
Here is what I did on this creation that is awaiting the rating once my kids are home from practices and games today.
Ingredients:
1 lb 85/15 ground beef
1 lb ground Italian sausage (I make my own.)
2 Jars of spaghetti sauce (Today I used Ragu, Mama's Garden Special Garden Sauce)
Handful of fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
8 oz  bag of finely shredded Mozzarella Cheese
16 oz box of Angel Hair Pasta

Cook pasta until al dente, drain, season with a little garlic, butter and Parmesan cheese to your liking
Brown ground beef and sausage. 
Add sauce to meat mixture.
Add handful of Parmesan cheese.
Spray 9 x13 casserole dish with non-stick spray.
Put noodles in casserole dish.
Add meat sauce on top of noodles.
Top with cheese.
Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or long enough to melt cheese, then broil to brown cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment