Sunday, September 16, 2012

Found in a Magazine

     On August 25th when Em played some volleyball and we had an adventure to a covered bridge, my mom-in-law, gave me the September 2012 issue of Family Circle to have as she had already read it.  I thumbed through it and fell in love with a recipe called 'Gnocchi all'Amatriciana'.
     A week later, and I decided that is what we were going to have for dinner along with a stromboli.  The stromboli was just in case we didn't like the new recipe. The bread I made for the stromboli was actually a Pizza Crust for Bread Machine that I did with out the machine and baked it at 425 for about 20 minutes. It turned out wonderful. But that is not why we are here...so back to the Gnocchi all'Amatriciana.  
     Jamey called me at The Fresh Market and informed me he invited our parents & my nephew for dinner. No worries, just had to grab some more gnocchi since I was just going to half the recipe.  So, I make the dinner and everyone raves. Even my picky nephew.
    Tonight, I decided to make it again since the pancetta was still on sale at Food Lion, as well as the crushed tomatoes and pasta. Since gnocchi isn't sold at my local in the middle of nowhere store, I chose to make it with rotini noodles. The reviews from tonight's dinner, said it was good with the gnocchi as well as the rotini.  I too, liked it with either and am looking forward to having it for lunch tomorrow at work if I can keep the kids out of the leftovers tonight!
    The recipe makes about 8 servings and with the ingredients either on sale or already at my house (including the garlic bread in the picture), the total came out to $1.22 a serving!

No comments:

Post a Comment