Friday, January 8, 2010

Birthday Dessert



So, tomorrow is Joey's 14th Birthday. Emma has a VB tourney is in Sparta, so we did his dinner tonight. He chose his menu as each of my kids do for their birthdays. He chose filet migon, bacon potatoes, burnt broccoli and broccoli with cheese sauce. Then for dessert, he wanted marbled brownies.


Well, as for the dinner courses, those were easy, I make them through out the year. The brownies I knew were going to give me a fit since I the last time I tried to make them.


Paul Deen to the rescue! Page 149 & 150 for the Lady Brownies & Cream Cheese Brownies from The Lady & Sons Savannah Country Cookbook. PERFECTION!!! There is no other word for it!


I also made Peanut Butter Bread page 102 from the same cookbook. It was ok. Kinda dry, but maybe that is way it says eat with some homemade jam.


But hey - it's all butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment