Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tuesday's Lunch and Dinner

Well today we had Creamy Potato Soup and sandwiches for lunch. It was very yummy. Instead of lettuce my kids like the green leaf spinich leaves...which I think is an exellant choice. I also think there is nothing to warm you up on a cold winters day than a hot steamy bowl of potato soup.

For dinner we had Italian Mac and Cheese. I got the recipe from my sister n law Nikki. It was a big hit at our house and yes everyone ate the mushrooms....shocker there. So we would have a veggie we had sauteed green beans.

Dessert was a 3 minute Chocolate Cake in a large microwave proof coffee mug. It was a pain in the tail fixing 5 cups of this stuff separate, next time Ill just put the batter in one bowl and then pour into mugs. But it was still delish with chocolate icing and whip cream. It was great not having one fussing over who got more because it was all the same portion.

Haven't decided if tomorrow will be FFYSN (Fend for Your Self Night) . We have one or two of these a month depending on how busy the week is going. I love it...it means no clean up for mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment