Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Goodbye Martha.......we're re-shelving you!

I have poured over Martha's cookbook and I believe that she cannot redeem herself with any recipe in the cookbook I own. Compared to Child and Deen, Stewart's flavorless recipes and UNLIMITED budget for ingredients has put her back on the shelf. So we’re renaming the blog…..Mastering the Art of French and Southern Cooking. I really hate it for Martha, she did have some nice top-shelf drink recipes, but 2010 is the year of being happy and frugal, not disappointed and broke. I finally was able to doctor the macaroni and cheese that I made the other night and made it edible. It’s called Mrs. Dash and lots of it! I believe I’m still pissed about the $6 worth of cheese, but I’ve ate dinner at a bad restaurant and spent more than that.

I really hate to see her go, but she’s left us no choice. After pouring through recipes titled as “Lobster Rolls” , which in fact is 1 ½ lbs of cooked lobster meat chopped up from a 4 ½ lb lobster, served on a hotdog bun with mayo and spices. Now, as readers, would you want to spend the money for lobster and serve it on a hotdog bun, even if it calls for the fancier “split-top bun”? I don’t think so! What about “Grilled Knockwurst”? I don’t even know what that is! However, if I win the lottery, I’ll be able to afford this extravagant cookbook filled with over-priced ingredients. If there is someone out there who really wants Martha as a part of this, speak now or forever hold your mouth shut! I hate to be so sour about this, but Martha, you made me ill! BTW-I found a neat article on RealSimple.com. Follow the link.

After all it’s all butter!

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree Nikki...I always wanted a Martha Stewart cookbook and when I got it...I think I used it once. You don't have to only re-shelve you can re-gift....lol

    ReplyDelete