Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Yummy Desserts



Anybody who knows me knows that my favorite part of the meal is the end because we get that yummy, sweet tasting dessert. So deciding on a dessert for company the other night I went with two choices, Pecan Pie, the traditional southern dessert and Lemon Meringue, which is my favorite. There is nothing like my cousin and I fighting over a lemon pie at a family dinner..lol. So while rummaging through my many cookbooks I came across these two recipes in my Martha Stewart cookbook. I am not a big fan of Martha, but I love her recipes. I did buy the crust out of the freezer section, but the rest is from scratch. The pecan was the easiest to make, took 15 minutes tops to prep and 45 in the oven and it turned out beautifully if I do say so myself. The lemon was a little longer because of course you use fresh lemons and you cook the filling, so not out of a can. I think the meringue turned out wonderful. It was my first time making meringue so I thought I did a good job. Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment