Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lots of Flavor

Last night, I made two new dishes. The first was the Mini Pork Sandwiches that I watched Paula Deen & her friend make the other week while watching Food Network.

The other was Potato Gratins which I found from The Essential Vegetarian Cookbook by Diana Shaw on page 228.

Jamey and the kids enjoyed the sandwiches and said that the spread tasted like the "dressing" that is used for potato salad, which I agreed with them on that. Ibelieve they made them on the show for a picnic and those would be really good for that as well. They are small and only require the spread to be put on before eating.

The Potato Gratins is a definite reason for me to go out and buy a gratin dish!

Make sure to use the Yukon Gold potatoes when making this! They give the potatoes buttery flavor that a white, red or all-purpose potato won't. Jamey didn't believe me when I told him that there wasn't any butter in the recipe at all.

Tonight, the table was offering Steaks with basil and butter,

Bell Pepper Risotto,

Salad and homemade Cloverleaf Rolls.

The steaks were done inside since I forgot to get some propane for the grill. My basil plant is looking good and I decided to try something different with the steaks. The Bell Pepper Risotto came from The Essential Vegetarian Cookbook also. My Cloverleaf Roll recipe came from American Home All-Purpose Cookbook by Virginia T. Habeeb. Page 110. The cookbook itself I am not sure I got it from one of my Grandmother's homes or picked it up at consignment shop that use to be in town. I didn't realize this cookbook was regarded as highly it was until I started Googling info on it to add a link. I haven't added the Cloverleaf recipe yet, but I will.

I am so stuffed from out awesome dinner and the flavors were comforting and will be welcome at our table anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment