Sunday, May 22, 2011

Winners!

Tonight we had winners! That was great since last night was such a dud. The menu tonight had 4 new recipes. First, I made Stuffed Double-Cut Pork Loin Chops that I watched Guy make the other day on Guy’s Big Bite. When I went grocery shopping, I forgot the stone ground mustard, pancetta, mushrooms, panko bread crumbs and
fontina cheese.

So, I made due with what I had. I used regular yellow mustard and 2 cup frozen corn kernels and the Cloverleaf Rolls that I crumbled & froze last week. I so prefer using my bread crumbs from leftover

biscuits instead of buying them if I can get by with it. And I used veggie broth instead of the chicken broth to deglaze the pan with. I served the sauce on the side just because I knew Joey isn’t big on having a sauce on his meat.

For the side tonight I decided to find a recipe to use the Orzo that I bought

at Trader Joe’s the other week. It was only 99¢! I took a look at several recipes and made my own Orzo & Rice recipe. Jamey said it tasted a little like Apple Jacks. I don’t care for them, but Joey agreed with him. The flavor was nutty and very filling.

The third new recipe for the table tonight was the Red Pepper, Spinach & Feta Quiche. Once again, I took several recipes and came up with my own.This was really good. I can’t wait to have my leftovers tomorrow!

Lastly, I attempted to make a Blondie Brownie. I say attempt because once again, I took several and changed them to make them mine. These weren’t too bad but I might keep searching for a better one.

No comments:

Post a Comment