Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Chicken and Goat Cheese Pizza


Tonight's dinner wasn't on the menu nor have I ever made it. I had completely forgot that Clay was spending the night in the field "playing Army men" as Chris (my oldest) calls it. I really wanted Clay to be here to try the Salmon Rosti, so I made a new dish with leftover goat cheese from Monday's souffle. The idea for dinner was inspired by an article in the April edition of Cooking Light magazine and a pizza I had in Salisbury, NC at "The Salty Caper" Woodfire pizza & bar. Now, I would love a Red Sin Cider to go with this pizza tonight, a concoction of Cheerwine & Original Sin Cider. (Heaven in a glass with a slice of Greek pizza) But, I'll make do with a MGD that some poor soul left in my fridge Saturday evening. My pizza starts with a simple Pillsbury Crescent Creations or regular crescent rolls with the seams pushed together & baked for 5-7 minutes at 375*. Then I topped it with some Hunt's Fire Roasted tomatoes with garlic (drained), roughly chopped Baby Bella mushrooms, green onions, olives & some grilled chicken breast. Then I topped that with the leftover goat cheese & threw it in the oven for 25 minutes. I enjoyed a quick & delicious dinner that my kids enjoyed as well. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment