Monday, March 7, 2011

A Comforting Dinner

Our dinner tonight was one that we visit at least every month during the Fall and Winter. It is a great comfort food and is enjoyed by everyone at the table. The table was set tonight with Beef Burgundy, Mashed Potatoes, Dijon Apples and Easy Rolls.

The Easy Rolls are a Paula Deen recipe that I printed off in February 2004 and have never made. It was one that I pulled out of my "To Try" binder when I made my menu out for this month. They were definately easy and were pretty good. You couldn't taste the mayo in it but you could taste a hint of sugar. They will be made again, but maybe to be enjoyed with a cup of coffee.

The Beef Burgundy is from Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meal that we have been enjoying since December 2003. I have changed it since that time & do not use pearl onions (I just thin slice whatever kind of onions I have on hand), most of the time there isn't mushrooms in it, I use about 7 strips of bacon, I use dried herbs and just mix them in and I stopped measuring the wine a LONG time ago. It is so good, I suggest you attempt it yourself and make it as she has it written and just change it to suit you and your family. I hope maybe one day to gather the courage to make the original Boeuf Bourguignon by the bestest Mrs. Julia Child.


Lastly, the Dijon Apples is just part of Baby Spinach Salad with Thyme and Dijon Vinaigrette with Crisp Swiss Cheese Crisps
recipe by Rachel Ray. I made this the same time we tried the Beef Burgundy back in December 2003, from the same episode. We learned that we didn't care for the spinach and cheese crisp but we REALLY loved the apples with the Dijon Vinaigrette, so we have lovingly changed it to Dijon Apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment