Thursday, March 31, 2011

I've been busy in the kitchen...

All last week we enjoyed Spring Break. Chris was out of school & Clay was off work and when we were home, I was in the kitchen taking pictures of all my food creations. We didn't plan our weekly menu, we just flew by the seat of our pants with meals. We went fishing and to the zoo in Manhattan. I got a new cameraand justifiably a hobby besides cooking. I made biscuits, a Asparagus & Goat Cheese quiche, some Choconut Pumpkin cookies, a broccoli salad, homemade orange rolls, Clay grilled the trout we caught and lots of other yummy stuff. The biscuits were a delicious recipe from King Arthur Flour. They were a bit time consuming but nonetheless exactly what I've been wanting along with a slice of country ham. The Choconut Pumpkin cookies were an experimental cookie that I found on another blog "Eating Bender" under the Lazy Chef tab and turned out awesome. I followed the recipe loosely, but used a whole can of pumpkin, 1/2 bag of chocolate chips, some coconut flakes, an egg, 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 1 tbsp of butter, some vanilla extract, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 cup of brown sugar and a cup of quick oats and these melt in your mouth cookies were gone as soon as I got them out of the 350*oven. I baked them for about 17 minutes until set. They stayed moist and fluffy too! My Asparagus & Goat Cheese quiche is a staple in my Meatless Monday regime. Super simple to toss together and ready in less than an hour. This week I'm slowly getting back into our routine and finding some new recipes that may become our new favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment