Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cost of Convience

The basic point of this post is in regards to the cost of products. Tonight for dinner, we had Chicken Penne Pasta with Garlic Bread. While at the store and picking up the ingredients for the pasta dish, I notice some garlic bread near the end cap of the isle. There were six slices of bread spread with the whipped garlic spread for $2.99. Okay, not a big deal, right? Well, it was to me. So, I went to get a loaf of Italian bread from the deli. It was $1.79. A stick of butter is 75¢ and I have the garlic, parsely & minced onion in the cabinet. The loaf of bread made 14 slices. So I got the same thing that was being sold for $2.99 for $2.54 with 8more slices! Here is the recipe for the Whipped Garlic Spread and the orignial posting for when I decided to make it the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment